On 3 Oct 2010, at 06:02, Cole Kuryakin wrote:

Hello All -

I've been tasked with setting up a few form pages to be viewed on mobile
phone devices.

Currently I'm using Adobe's Device Central - which is okay but it really
doesn't show how the forms (particulary select lists) will be shown on
various mobile devices.

I've also tried the online Opera emulator which seems to work pretty well

This emulates Opera Mini. You can get a downloadable Opera Mobile emulator at http://www.opera.com/developer/tools/ . It isn't strictly an emulator. It is the actual browser ported to Windows/Mac/Linux, but it is easier to name it that way.

,
but what about Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Apple, etc., etc.

I've read on-line that for Nokia and Apple you've really gotta download
their SDK in order to accuratly test webpages - true?

It comes as part of the SDK package for iPhone at least. An emulator also comes as part of the Palm (It is a copy of the OS that you have to run through a virtual machine like VirtualBox) SDK, and the Android SDK.

Would greatly appreciate any advice from those of this group who develop mobile viewable pages (particulary forms) on where to test your efforts for the best compliant and visual result across the largest number of mobile
devices possible.

Cole

David Storey

Chief Web Opener / Product Manager, Opera Dragonfly
W3C WG:  Mobile Web Best Practices / SVG Interest Group

Opera Software ASA, Oslo, Norway
Mobile: +47 94 22 02 32 / E-Mail/XMPP: dsto...@opera.com / Twitter: dstorey