Update:

IE6 needs "vertical-align:text-top" in order for the image aligns with text
whereas IE7 requires extra "vertical-align:top" declares in the LI. IE8 doesn't
need any of these so I guess IE9 will be the same which I don't have a way to
test as the beta version wiped out my IE8 so I can't install it. After I had
the IE9 beta installed, the previously standalone working version of IE9
Preview no longer can be installed.

I updated the test page just in case anyone wants to see it.

tee

http://lotusseedsdesign.com/css-test/list-style.html