I personally haven't encountered any standards describing such, but it's very common to see long articles break into multiple pages. Also creates more ad places if that's your thing.

Others in the group might think differently of course.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Web Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: j...@sitesbyjoe.com