On 15 December 2010 13:31, Michal Miksik <mmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was advised by an SEO company that : "The Title tag should be the first
> tag in the <HEAD> area of the web pages, otherwise search engines may
> overlook it which will significantly damage the rankings."
> What is the best practice/order for placing tags withing the <head>
> section?
> Any feedback very appreciated.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that if you set your IE rendering mode
with an x-ua-compatible meta tag, it needs to be within the first 512bytes
of the document. In practice that just means do it as the second thing
inside <head>, after your document encoding (which needs to be before
<title> for security purposes
http://code.google.com/p/doctype/wiki/ArticleUtf7).

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not