> Could someone please clarify this for me. I realise that HTML5 has introduced
> new semantic elements such as <header>, <aside> etc., but does this really
> increase the expressive power of the markup? Can't the same thing be achieved
> in HTML 4.x using classes (e.g. <p class="header">)?
>
> I am reluctant to move to HTML5 due to the issue of backwards compatibility.
>
> I would be grateful for any replies.

Hi.

What is shorter <head> or <div class="header">?
And what is more easy to parse <head> or all this <div class="head">, <div
class="header">, <span class="eagle_nest">, <i class="singOnTheTop big butt
blue">?
And what is more easy to support?
Common semantic meaning and coding style is pretty helpful, when on html work
more than one developer.

Regards, Imp.