lol, for <i>we informaticians</i>, a website with a slideshow, a
carousel, a dropdown menu, an Accordion, a Tabs, gradients,
drop-shadow elements, a fancy hover/toggle/click animation, and
without semantically linked data, is not a website, it's merely a
glossy brochure sitting on a webpage.

jim - a document kinda guy ;)

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 3:28 AM, tee <weblis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> lol,  for many <i>we designers<i>, if a website without a slideshow (do you
> like the lightbox or fancybox or shadowbox?), a carousel (should it go with
> original, coda or slider sir?), a dropdown menu (do yo need mega?), an
> Accordion, a Tabs, gradients, drop-shadow elements  (CSS or image flavor
> sir?), a fancy hover/toggle/click animation, a website is not a website,
> it's merely a document sits on a webpage.
> Oh do you want it HTML5? That will be 20% extra fee sir. ( the <i>we
> designer<i> does is change the doctype).
>
> tee
> On May 5, 2011, at 11:55 PM, Birendra wrote:
>
> Hi Stuart
>
> You are right on one point that heavy graphics make the site slower… but you
> can use a gradient to give a life in the site… and for the gradient you
> don’t need to use the images… this will be done by the css techniques… now
> as per my knowledge mobile and ipad device support the new css techniques..
>
> My only concern is that the site doesn’t has any life… normally user like
> those site which had a good graphics or gradient…
>
> I hope you understand my point of the site designing.
>
> As I check the site in the iphone it’s looks ok I can’t say it’s look good
> are very good… something like the site will work without any error or
> disturbing the design… but now a days it’s not only important… user need a
> site with brilliant color scheme or graphics so they are attracted to surf
> it.
>
> Regards
> Birendra

Jim Croft ~ jim.cr...@gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~ http://about.me/jrc