Hi Frances,

I think you might be missing some of the semantics. I might include a list in a page, such as a list of references, or a friend list where each friend was linked to their public profile - but those aren't navigation links. The <nav /> element tells search engines etc. what this list of links is for.

Dunno if that makes sense,

Phil.