GM Bill,
On 04/21/2014 04:52 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 21/04/2014 04:56, KI7MT wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Be careful when installing Asciidoc --with-recommends, as this pulls in
>> dblatex, which on it's own is not an issue, but it depends on LaTex,
>> which is huge!.
>>
>> I'd have to go look and if a2x requires LaTex for Man pages, if so, we
>> should definitely look at alternative solutions for Man Page generation.
> Currently a2x is a non-optional prerequisite for only for non-Debug
> configurations of WSJT-X. For Debug configurations it will silently skip
> generating the manpage(s) if the tool isn't present.
Yes, I saw that option. I wanted to see the output of the man page, so I
just added the AsciiDoc souce tree to the CMAKE_PATH stuff. Worked first go.

> I propose adding a configure option that allows even non-Debug builds to
> skip manpage generation so that users who build for their own use can
> avoid any non-essential heavyweight tool downloads. The default will
> remain as OFF as a reminder to packagers that manpage generation is
> requirement of *nix (Mac to be decided) deployable packages. I would add
> a suitable message explaining how those who don't want to download
> AsciiDoc can avoid it.

I built the Release version (see previous emails), using the source
files. I've been working on other things, but I suspect, we only need a
few (2 maybe 3) files from the AsciiDoc source package, the manpage.xsl,
asciidoc.conf and
a2x.py itself, also Python27 of course.

There are command-line config options to specify the location of the xsl
and conf files we just need to test it.