Hi Claude,

I'm not sure which version of Linux your using, but on Ubuntu I install
or check the installation of:

libusb-dev libhamlib-dev libhamlib-utils

Under Setup >> Station Parameters, check the following:

PTT Method
Cat Enabled
Cat Port
Rig Number

File >> Save user parameters

On my system, the cat port is USB3, and Rig is 129 or Yaesu FT-2000
rigctl -m 129 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 4800 -C data_bits=8 -C stop_bits=2 -C
serial_handshake=None F 10138728

It appears your missing the /dev/tty port.

You also need to be in the dialout group. On a new Ubuntu install, users
are *not* added to this group, as such, you cannot change com port
selections.

73's
Greg, KI7MT