Hi Mike,

What version of Mint are you using? Other's have tried 15/16 but they ran into trouble with package compatibility as they are based on 13.04/13.10. 13.04 is already EOL, and 13.10 goes EOL in July. Mint-17 is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and should bring the correct packages as Mint is merely a different desktop ontop of Ubuntu 14.04 core repositories / base builds.

/usr/bin/f2py indicates python27 version of Numpy (based on a 13.10 source list), which will yield undesired results. 14.04 and later creates /usr/bin/f2py3.

I don't use Mint at all, so I've no way of testing it here. The INSTALL.txt file is a guide, and does not cover all distros. You could check your particular version for python3-numpy, that looks to be where the issue is, but you may also run into issues with pytho3-imaging-tk as others hit issues there with Mint-16.

73's
Greg, KI7MT