On 02/10/2014 18:58, ki7mt wrote:
HI Joe, Sandro,
Hi All,

I think this is normal behavior for Cmake, much the same as make would do if there's nothing to do. I doubt that Cmake checks the date-time tag of the file, rather, if the file is present, no reason to download it again.
This was a defect in the CMake script. The CMake file download was simply not being run unless a clean build was run. I have changed it to always fetch the user guide and kvasd if that is used in the package.

The CMake file download command isn't as smart as to be able to determine if a downloaded file is newer, I don't think that is possible without actually downloading and comparing. Given both of these files are simply installed, there is nothing to gain by using any time stamp anyway.

Baring in mind, when a Release package it built, it is assumed to be from a clean source / build tree, and thus, is not subject to frequent change. If it were an update to the package, you would also start from a new build tree/source tree, where the downloaded file would *not exist*.

Bill may be able to modify the download behavior, but I think when WSJT-X is tagged and released, it should probably stay that way until the next version, say 1.4.1 or something.
That is not the agreed behaviour, we decided that the manual should be allowed to "float" and whatever we build will include the latest generation of the User Guide from the project web site.

In reality there will only ever be one official build of a tag that gets released so the embedded manual will be effectively frozen.

73's
Greg, KI&MT