On 06/11/2014 02:07, Joe Taylor wrote:
> Hi Bill,
Hi Joe,

> Thanks for sharing your experience with the decoder improvements.  I was
> waiting for some confirmation from others that the changes are good...
> Perhaps now these should be merged into the wsjtx-1.4 branch, so they
> can be part of rc3.
I tried to review the changes to see how potentially destabilizing they
might be but I would have to invest an awful lot more time in
understanding the decoding algorithms before I could get close to that.
The overall effect feels like a defect repair, after all the -20dB JT9
signals I tested that were previously not decoding seem to me to
perfectly valid and good decoding candidates.

I am certainly making rig control changes that could have potentially
destabilizing impact. My current criteria is really little more than
"Will the change allow more operators to use the application?".  Only
you can really judge the potential impact on the release stability but I
would say put it in.