On 15/11/2014 13:45, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,
> Any reason we can't have both worlds?  If windows just do what you do now
> otherwise build it?
Well, CMake finders are the backbone of the CMake build tool and are the
correct way to make build scripts work on all platforms. The idea being
that platform specific details, as far as possible, are abstracted out
into supporting modules.

There is considerable support available in CMake and through 3rd party
modules for writing finders and they are pretty straightforward for
"standard shaped" development libraries.

The CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and much of the CMake find root etc. behaviour is
all designed to work with standard format finders either provided by
library projects themselves (i.e.Qt) or borrowed/written by projects
that need them to locate dependencies.
> I just built the latest r4178 and I don't see portaudio.dll in the Release
> directory.  So how/where does it get installed?
palir-02.dll also there is libfftw3f_win.a.
> Also...I notice it's putting libhamlib-2.bak in there and wsprx complains
> about the dll missing during option setup.
We already have CMake finders for fftw3 and hamlib in the WSJT-X project
and they can be used as is in WSPR-X.

Anyway, all this is somewhat moot given Joe's comment above about the
current status of WSPR-X which is "On hold".