Hi All,

I am trying to work out what to do when F4 is struck when the program is
set up to send a free text message.

One of the side effects of F4 is to regenerate the standard messages
with no DX call i.e. all blank apart from the CQ message.

On tab 1 the free text/73 message is cleared and the radio button for
the CQ message is selected.

The issue is that when on tab 2 messages the next message to send
becomes the generated CQ message but the UI doesn't reflect that, in
fact the UI doesn't change apart from the DX call and grid being cleared.

I am looking at it because G4EST reported the issue. He expected the tab
2 free text message to be sent if he enabled TX which is not
unreasonable according to the UI. He was using a custom CQ message "CQ
G4EST LA" and wanted to send it again after hitting F4.

So should F4 with tab 2 active; set the "Gen msg" radio button and fill
in the generated CQ message or should it leave the free text message
selected and send that message if TX is enabled?