Hi Bill,

The synopsis:

If you want to, remotely use WSJT-X with an RDP client

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS doesn't work because of the XRDP implementation.
Fedora 20 x86_64 works fine.
Fedora 21 ARM on headless Banana Pi works fine

So, for the "system builders" out there, putting remote Linux boxes in remote
sites, use Fedora 20 or 21,
not Ubuntu LTS, at this point of time.

80    ( a rectifier, a problem solver)

Alan VK2ZIW

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:46:23 +0000, Bill Somerville wrote
> On 15/02/2015 20:21, Alan VK2ZIW wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> Hi Alan,
>
> Yes, I like your lateral thinking but.
>
> "Everybody" has "mstsc.exe". So, can we stick to the standard?
> I was not suggesting that you don't. Having said that Microsoft RDPis not a
> Standard, it is a proprietary protocol tailored for Windowsservers and
> clients.
>
> What we "remote system" builders need is, systems "everybody" canuse:
>
> 1) Connect with the 'standard' RDP.
> 2) Multi-user through the one TCP/IP port.
>
> So if, for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, the answer is "no", we'll buildFedora systems.
> I do not understand this statement.
>
> You mentioned, you have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on one of your systems ina
> previous email, so have you tried RDP to it?
> If so, please answer "I have the same error" or, "it works forme".
> The error is because of a deficiency in the VNC server that xrdpuses to
> display the desktop session. All I am suggesting is that youuse a VNC server
> that doesn't have that deficiency and configurexrdp to use it.
>
> BTW this is not a WSJT-X issue, if anything it is a Qt issuealthough I don't
> think so, more likely a missing feature in thedefault vnc server used by
> Ubuntu. Unfortunately it looks likeTigerVNC is not in the Ubuntu repositories
> but it does look like itresolves the issue about a missing XKEYBOARD driver.
>
> Thanks for the great work.
>
> Alan VK2ZIW
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.
>

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:16:00 +0000, BillSomerville wrote
> > On 15/02/2015 11:03, Alan VK2ZIW wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Hi Alan,
> >
> > Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86_64 (the latest LTS version) with"xrdp"
> >
> > Can WSJT-X work via RDP ?
> >
> > Works fine on Fedora 20. Even Fedora 21 on ARM(Banana Pi, headless).
> >
> > Error here: Qt: XKEYBOARD extension not present inthe X server.
> > Have you tried TigerVNC?
> >
> > start it with '+kb' added to the 'vncserver' command.
> >
> > 73
> >
> > Alan VK2ZIW
> > 73
> > Bill
> > G4WJS.
>
> Alan
>
> Man's greatest waste of time: Worshipping the wrong God.
> Consider Jesus.
> Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 totoday
> 70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCOOpenServer 5.0.X
> Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers,terminals etc..
> +61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting,"C", assembler
> 0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electr

your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly
thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take