Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> writes:

> I propose to change the initial defaults for the waterfall to be a 4 kHz
> bandwidth (0 - 4000 Hz) with a suitable bins/pixel setting to fit on the
> smallest likely monitor. Along with this the default mode could be set
> to JT65+JT9.

Bill, this is where some of the confusion arises with those new to the mode
(I'm still learning). I now use the WSJT-X waterfall after Mikes help, now
that I realise its importance.

The thing is that you mention the default bandwidth and then a suitable
bins/pixel setting as two different things. When I adjusted the bins/pixel
setting here I also increased the waterfall bandwidth.

I was not aware that some of the waterfall settings did not just alter the
display, but configured WSJT-X too.

I wonder if some form of a short quick start type of guide (a 'read this if
you don't read anything else') would be helpful. If so, I would be more than
happy to help with it as it is my 'fault' this issue arose. My email address
on qrz.com is good.

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT