Joe and wspr in wsjtx testers:

I’ve significantly improved the efficiency of the sync-search in the current
version (r5668) of wsprd_exp.c. On a large (1953 files) batch of files
representing all bands and the entire diurnal cycle the r5668 wsprd and
wsprd_exp compare as follows:

wsprd:
5083 decodes in 1294s (29% in sync0 and 17% in Fano)

wsprd_exp:
5132 decodes in 970s (9% sync0 and 24% in Fano)

Approximately 25% decrease in average execution time with no decrease (maybe a
slight increase) in performance.

If you get a chance and can confirm that you also see a significant time
savings, then I propose that we make this version of wsprd_exp the new default
wsprd. At some point we should be able to cash in some of the time saved for
more decodes.

Steve k9an