Bill,

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:43 AM, Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com> wrote:
>
> On 09/07/2015 08:18, Steven Franke wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>>
>>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:04 AM, Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com
>>> <mailto:g4...@classdesign.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 09/07/2015 05:16, Michael Black wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>>
>>> PTT should not be asserted before changing frequency, maybe this is what is
>>> happening if the code to do the "tune up" transmit is not correctly
>>> sequenced. Although this does not explain the instances where the "RX;"
>>> command is getting a busy response, if the "RX;" command cannot be
>>> processed while the rig is in transmit mode we have a much more serious
>>> problem!
>>> This is why I asked about auto-ATU actions because they can hold the rig in
>>> transmit after a request to return to receive.
>>
>> I do not have “Tune” selected for any band in the schedule. I do have the
>> antenna tuner engaged so that the rig recalls the stored tuner settings when
>> doing a frequency change.
> Oh! That's a surprise, that probably explains why I can understand how the
> PTT is being asserted before the offending frequency change commands, clearly
> I am looking in the wrong place. OK, I really need that full verbose CAT
> trace with the version with my last patch for the WSJT-X
> HamlibTransceiver.cpp source.

The latest trace (with your patch installed) is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33211132/WSJT-X_trace_3.log
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33211132/WSJT-X_trace_3.log>

The sequence is as follows:
Started the program at 16:06:43
First TX cycle starts at 16:10:00 (PTT goes high)
The error occurs at the end of the first TX cycle, at 16:11:53
I quit the program at 16:12:11, which triggers the ‘RX’ error that you noticed
earlier.

Again, I do not use tune. The problem always occurs at the very end of a TX
cycle.

Steve k9an

> I think now that the band hopping frequency changes are happening prematurely
> and because we sequence un-asserting PTT with asynchronous delays (and VOX
> may well add other delays out of our control at he rig). I now suspect that
> the whole WSPR band hopping scheduling will need to be triggered off a timer
> that allows a generous interval for the previous Tx period to fully complete
> including any delayed action from the rig. I will try and look at this this
> Evening.

>>> 73
>>> Bill