On 13/10/2015 03:33, Martin Ewing wrote:
> Hello all,
Hi Martin,

> I have some Python code that would like to communicate with wsjt-x. I
> assume the UDP channel might be the way.  Is there a concise
> description/spec somewhere for what info gets passed back and forth
> through UDP?
The message protocol is documented in the following file:

https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx/NetworkMessage.hpp

in the commentary at the top.

There is a reference application shipped with WSJT-X v1.5.0 called
message_aggregator, this GUI application implements the server side of
the protocol (WSJT-X is a client of the protocol). The following sources
implement the client and server side plumbing:

https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx/MessageClient.hpp

https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx/MessageServer.hpp

https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx/MessageClient.cpp

https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/HEAD/tree/branches/wsjtx/MessageClient.cpp

The are implemented using C++ and the Qt framework. MessageServer may be
re-used by a third party Qt C++ application that wishes to get up and
running quickly, we currently do not publish an executable library
containing this as so far all implementers have been using other
languages and have had to home brew their own protocol handlers. To help
with those using Object Pascal I have made available a very basic
message protocol handling unit which can be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4192709/message_aggregator.zip

it uses the Indy Object Pascal library for basic Internet utilities and
frameworks.