On 23/10/2015 00:46, JT Croteau wrote:

Hi John (hope I have your name correct),
> I've just successfully compiled wsjt-x 1.5.0 on my my new RK3288 ARM
> single board computer.  The RK3288 is based on the Quad-core
> Cortex-A17 CPU.  I'm not sure how it will perfom at 1.8GHz but I will
> give it a try.
Well done!

> However, I do get some console messages I am hoping someone could help
> me understand and correct if it would be prudent to do so.  Screenshot
> also attached.  Unfortunately, I can't test at the moment as I haven't
> been able to get the radio hooked up yet.
>
> Linux ganymede 3.10.0 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 21 08:41:56 HKT 2015
> armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> rock@ganymede:~$ wsjtx
> machybrisegl: VT_ACTIVATE: Operation not permitted
> machybrisegl: chvt(10) failed!
> Cant find EGLConfig, returning null config
> Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 0
> Could not initialize OpenGL for RasterGLSurface, reverting to RasterSurface.
I would guess they can be ignored, it all looks to be about Qt and
OpenGL initialization and it seems it has reverted to use a simple frame
buffer which should be fine.

> Also, my audio devices work find in Linux but for some reason they are
> not available to wsjt-x.
The normal reason for this is that the Qt multimedia plug-in library is
not installed. Because it is a plug-in it is not required for building
but is required at run time. Standard builds of Qt for Linux usually
require pulseaudio to be installed but some need only ALSA audio. Check
that you have libqt5multimedia installed for a first step.