Hi Joe and all,

I have been observing frequently at remote WSJT-X operation that 'white' noise
level in urban area sometimes can jump 10..14dB up  and stay there for hours.
If AGC is off or if operator, being on remote WSJT-X control, can not see
S-meter of the classic transceiver, with time going it is very easy to get lost
the sense of the noise enviroment, just putting down RX level slider in WSJT-X.

In this case operator could transmit CQ with no getting responses in the
decoder, not taking in account the noise enviroment.

May I ask to insert in the GUI some kind of the noise level calibration and
delta noise level indication in dB, to let operators to compare current noise
level with the some time point noise level that was measured before the RX
level slider moved.

I understand there are system level controls that can affect delta noise
measurements, but believe it should be good option in the case where WSJT-X RX
level slider is used to adjust the white noise level back to 30 dB.

73 Igor UA3DJY