Hi Richard,

Ok, that's making more sense now. The Linux WSJT Makefile has not been
updated similar to WSPR to find Python3 and it's associated F2PY.

I was mistaken on the Unsupported OS error message, that *is* coming
frrm the JTSDK WSJT build script. I can fix that easily enough, but that
does not solve the underlying issue of finding Python3 and F2PY that was
built using Python3, which needs to be addressed in the package
autotools. This can be tricky on systems that are still using Python2 +
Python2-Numpy as defaults. Ubuntu Mate, Mint and similar use both.
Debian Jessie still uses Python2 but does not install Python2-Numpy as a
Desktop package unless Mate or Cin are selected as defaults.

You could, rather than modifying the Makefile manually, pass those two
locations at configure time, something along the lines of:

./configure --with-portaudio-lib-dir=<LIB-PATH> \
--with-portaudio-include-dir=<INCLUDE-PATH> \
PYTHON=<Path to Python3> \
F2PY=<Path to F2PY v3.x.3>

That is assuming configure.ac is suitable, and will actually create the
Makefile from Makefile.in initially.

WSPR employes two options to deal with this, --with-python / --with-f2py
features as M4 macros, those updates are not present in WSJT autotools
yet. Even that is not 100% all of the time. See ./configure --help=short

73's
Greg, KI7MT