Is it "luck" or misinterpretation of what they are actually seeing?
There's an implied assumption in the paper that they are seeing gravity
waves as though there is no possible other explanation.
I'm reminded of what happened in the 80's when universities were claiming
galactic gamma sources but it turned out to be RORSATs.  Numerous papers
were published about it.
Is the team actually willing to say that their system detects absolutely
nothing but gravity waves?  Given all the noise on the detector they show
seems like there could be another explanation quite easily.
"chirps" are very popular in nature.  Even assuming they are seeing a
gravity wave is the only possible explanation two colliding black holes?
Are colliding black holes that common?

Mike W9MDB