Hi Bill,

I'm not seeing this on Ubuntu 14.04 nor 16.04. The only things I'm
seeing during the Hamlib configure phase is:

-----
checking for libusb_init in -lusb-1.0... no
configure: WARNING: libusb_init was not found in libusb-1.0--USB
backends will be disabled
-----

Then in the config summary:
-----
Enable USB backends             no
-----

I don't have libudev-dev nor libusb-1.0-0-dev installed. I've not
checked Windows lately.

libusb-1/.0-0 has a udev depends:
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libudev1 (>= 183)

73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 03/24/2016 03:44 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 24/03/2016 21:24, Alessandro Gorobey wrote:
>> I have a lot of problems to compile WSJTX in last days.
>> All start with update of hamlib3, that give no errors, but a lot of
>> errors in cmake of wsjtx.
> Hi Sandro,
>
> sorry about that. The Hamlib team have switched to using libusb-1.0 for
> the USB devices which is a good thing as it is available on Windows. I
> recently (Yesterday) pushed their updates to the integration branch in
> my Hamlib fork. I need to adjust the INSTALL file with slightly modified
> instructions. I am a bit surprised that Hamlib is configuring the USB
> back ends as I did not think that it would without libusb-1.0-dev being
> installed. I assume you have libusb-1.0-dev installed for some other
> project. libusb-1.0 depends on libudev and because we statically link
> all of the upstream -dev packages are needed.
>
> There is a problem with the configuration of WSJT-X that I am working on
> and hope to check in a fix soon.
>
> BTW it is not really any use to WSJT-X to have the USB Hamlib drivers as
> these devices do not provide conventional audio streams unless an SDR
> program like QUISK or HDSDR is used as an intermediary and in that case
> QUISK or HDSDR drive the SDR hardware directly.
>
> So overall your best option is to disable the USB back ends in Hamlib,
> unfortunately there does not seem to be a configure option to do that. I
> will see if I can get the Hamlib team to accept a patch to add a
> --without-libusb configure option.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

Launchpad....: https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt
Ubuntu Hams..: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams-devel
Debian Hams..: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-hamradio/
JTSDK........: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/
OpenPGP......: C177 6630 7115 78FE 9A2B 9F7F 18C0 F6B7 0DA2 F991