(Feel free to put on your beards and stone me to death if I say something
stupid)

There is a new kid on the block, the Icom IC-7300, which is the first SDR
marketed as a SDR sold by one of the large manufacturers. (Other transceivers
with so called IF-DSP are actually SDRs using heterodynation).

The Icom DSP IF filtering has a maximum bandwidth of 3.6 KHz (for example in
the IC-7200) and the newly released IC-7300 shares the same limit.

However, the new IC-7300 has an interesting new feature: you can feed a
demodulated audio signal to the USB and ACC connectors, the same as the
previous models, but you can also send a 12 KHz IF signal, suitable for DRM
demodulation according to the "full manual" (page 12-7, "ACC/USB" option, which
can be either AF or IF).

In case this becomes a trend for similar rigs released by other manufacturers,
wouldn't it be interesting to support baseband decoding? Wouldn't it offer a
slight edge over the current AF decoding option?

Cheers,

Borja - EA2EKH