Hi Michael,

A PPA is a pre-built package ( based on the Distribution / ARCH ), and
has nothing to do with Subversion (SVN).

Installation instructions are listed on the page you linked below. You
need to add the repository first, then update, then install the package.

For the SVN checkout of WSJT-X your command is wrong, use:

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/wsjtx wsjtx

The build as you see fit. Bill has provides an INSTALL file that details
all the steps required.

Additionally, if you do not have Subversion installed ( which provides
SVN), you need that package, which may also be contributing to the bash
error your seeing.

73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 05/06/2016 01:46 PM, Michael Durkin wrote:
>  this page shows v1.7 build
>

> https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/wsjtx-next
>
> i tried its ppa
>
> the svn response is .... i tried a few things
>

> kc7noa@odroid64:~/Downloads$ $ svn co svn://
> svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/wsjtx wsjtx

> bash: $: command not found

> kc7noa@odroid64:~/Downloads$ sudo apt-get install wsjtx-next
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package wsjtx-next

> kc7noa@odroid64:~/Downloads$ $ svn checkout svn://
> svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/wsjtx wsjtx
> bash: $: command not found

> kc7noa@odroid64:~/Downloads$ svn
> Type 'svn help' for usage.

> kc7noa@odroid64:~/Downloads$
>

> On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Michael Durkin <kc7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When i get into the front of the computer (its in the garage and im still
>> getting the kids off to school and the XYl leaves in a few hours)
>>
>> its close to
>>
>> Bash# no input file (specified?)
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> that's not much for us to go on. Can you show us the relevant output
>>> please?
>>>
>>> 73
>>> Bill
>>> G4WJS.

Launchpad....: https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt
Ubuntu Hams..: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams-devel
Debian Hams..: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-hamradio/
JTSDK........: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/
OpenPGP......: C177 6630 7115 78FE 9A2B 9F7F 18C0 F6B7 0DA2 F991