Hi Bill, Rex, and all,

I will not have time to work on this before leaving in two days for the
EME Conference in Venice, but I will just say that there is certainly
nothing inherent in the QRA64 mode that should prevent its use in
Windows XP.  I do not think it should take us very long to track down
the problem Rex and a few others have experienced.

As I said here once before, my own hunch is that it may be a result of
stack overflow.  I would want to try (1) moving some large arrays
currently being allocated on the stack, forcing them to be static or
allocated on the heap, or (2) forcing the linker to allocate a larger stack.

        -- Joe