Hi all,

Probably we've all heard about the recent 2m QRA64 transatlantic contact:

http://www.arrl.org/news/transatlantic-contact-completed-on-2-meters

What I find a bit strange is the signal reports of -36dB and -37dB SNR
that they give. Even though QRA64 is quite good, I would expect that
it's almost impossible to copy QRA64 signals at -36dB.

I haven't seen sensitivity graphs for the QRA64 mode that has finally
made it into WSJTX, but looking at the graphs in Nico's paper:

http://microtelecom.it/qracodes/QRACodes-Rev10.pdf

it seems that it's almost impossible to copy anything below -31dB or
-32dB, even with lots of a priori info for the decoder.

What do you guys think? Are the recordings of the contact available?

73,

Dani EA4GPZ.