On 27/04/2017 17:14, Black Michael wrote:
I'd like to make all the "code" testers do what they are capable of or expected to do and agree where possible.

Hi Mike,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here? All the protocols in WSJT-X except ISCAT use a similar, but not exactly the same, message language.

Modes used on EME will include some form of short codes, JT4 uses a single tone for RO, RRR and 73 and probably for "I'm here" in a sked. JT65 EME usage (which doesn't use SNR based reports) allows for short codes (alternating pair of tones) for RO, RRR and 73. OOO messages are reduced to the same message without the OOO which is superfluous.

MSK144 has two special forms, short codes sent as shorter messages with hashed callsigns using a different encoding and contest style replies that use antipodal grids (only in the message -- the decoder shifts them back to the real grid).

With QRA64 the AP system negates the need for short code messages completely because sensitivity increases as the QSO progresses.