I see why people are claiming JTDX decodes better.
I ran a 24-hour test side-by-side on the same audio stream and got the
following numbers.
JTDX average dB on matched QSOs is ~1dB better (not a big deal)
JTDX got 15,690  decodesWSJTX got 13,692 decodes
JTDX got 2,144 decodes that  WSJT-X did notWSJTX got 146 decodes that JTDX did
not.
So JTDX got ~15% more decodes...nothing to sneeze at.  Can't say I really see
many false decodes but I guess really can't know for sure.
Here's a good example of a noticeable difference in processing this wav file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzddsaqop94bfc9/170504_1159.wav?dl=1

I minimized the values in the Advanced tab for JTDX but it still gets 12
decodes and WSJT-X gets 7.It takes a bit over 5 seconds for JTDX to do its
thing and a bit over 2 seconds for WSJTX.So there is some extra processing
going on for sure.  Either in JTDX's "subpass 1" or "subpass 2"?Are sure we
don't want to borrow something back from JTDX?We had a set of test files before
that were used for timing and getting some params for false alarms and
such.Perhaps we should run those again and compare?