Does the new FT8 have any sort of built in AFC compensation? Every so often I see a station slowly creeping up the band while in QSO. It looks very much like the way PSK acts when both stations have their AFC control checked and they "chase" each other up or down the band.

It will only happen to one station at a time that I've seen, so it doesn't appear to be my audio that is slowly shifting, although I have seen it once during a QSO I was having.

The shift is only a few Hz at a time, but even in the short length of an FT8 QSO, it adds up to 15 Hz or so.

Tnx es 73
Dave - KB3MOW

--

---