Good day to all.

First, thanks to the Development Team for their hard work. It is GREATLY appreciated.

GUI Observations:

Switching configurations does not reset to the appropriate frequency if you edit the frequency/mode table. If you reset to the defaults, you can switch back and forth, and the radio will follow, however if you edit any entry (I changed JT-65 from 50.310 to 50.276) selecting the configuration for JT-65 leaves the rig set on the previous frequency.

I run two monitors, and keep a lot of the WSJT-X stuff on the right monitor. I have the Log QSO pop-up window set to show on the left screen. I have to open any programs I wish to run in the left window, and then start WSJT-X in order for the Log QSO screen to show on top. It will not pop up on top of any screens opened after WSJT-X. Not sure this is a windows 7 issue (64-bit) or something that can be forced. I probably should move the Log QSO screen on top of the wide graph as a quick fix.

FT-8 Decodes

I'm still trying to understand why some signals decode, and others do not ... I put this on the back burner after seeing other observations about decoding issues ... and with the news that a release candidate is coming shortly, I'll hold off.

Sidebar question ... while building the latest revision is a matter of updating the svn (push button, computer does all the rest), is there a way to select an earlier release for compilation? I'm using r7781, and probably should have updated to r7782 last evening. Well, that window is closed, as it's no longer the latest release. I'm assuming there is a switch available to specify the correct release, if not the newest, but I can't seem to locate it).

Popularity

The best thing I can say is that a ham in South America sent me an e-mail wanting a pointer to the latest release that included FT-8 (this was about 4 days ago). I explained that he'd have to build his own, and pointed him appropriately ... but I never talked to him. I can only guess he was passive on ping jockey ... point is, LOTS of hams are very interested in FT-8, and have a very good understanding of what it offers. There ARE those that do not like change; they are quite vocal, but easily identified ... I do read their comments and look to see if there are issues they may have uncovered that need further investigation. Don't let the second group discourage you all from your fine (and well appreciated) efforts.

FT-8 is NOT a mode where you can multitask and expect good results regarding timely QSOs ... it IS fast paced. Consequently, even if you have cat-like reflexes, you may miss catching someone answering your CQ. This said, people need to be just a bit patient that if I don't respond IMMEDIATELY, it's only because I lost my cat-like reflexes and/or I was doing something else. You can wait 30 seconds!!!

73

Rick

NM3G