I've seen this situation discussed here before, and thought that it had been
resolved, but.

I can go to File > Settings > General and pick 'Region 2' from the IARU
Region: dropdown list.

However, if I exit WSJT-X, when I restart WSJT-X, I see that the IARU
Region: value has been returned to 'All'.

And, as expected, the same thing happens if I switch to another
configuration and then switch back to the original configuration.

My 'Region 2' selection value is not staying with the configuration.

I just rebuilt Hamlib, and then built r7856 to confirm that the problem has
not been resolved for me.   OS is Windows 10.

I have confirmed with 2 other operators that they are seeing this same
situation with wsjtx-1.8.0-rc1-win32.exe and subsequent devel releases.

Rick - K5GZR