Greg,

My question was more for information than for a real intent.  I have already
done the FT8 mapping, and it is working quit well

Dan-K4SHQ

From: Greg Beam [mailto:ki7m...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:00 PM
To: 'WSJT software development' <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] TQSL's config.xml

You could ask Rick M., Dave, or one of the other Trusted QSL developers, but, I
would think that adjustments to the client-side will have little to no
affect—other than mapping the mode to data—until the server-side model has been
updated to accommodate the new mode.

Even if the ADIF spec is released today, the backend work would still need to
be done before correct mapping of FT8 QSO’s could be realized. I don’t know
what the LoTW eng/test/production release process is, but I would suspect work
has already begun adding changes to the server model based on the proposed ADIF
changes.

I don’t really understand the urgency here. All one must do is hold back their
FT8 QSO’s until the LoTW server is ready to accept them (as FT8 QSO’s that is).
This situation “is not new”, it happens with every new mode / sub-mode
introduction.

73’s

Greg, KI7MT