On 9/09/2017 10:32 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

HI Laurie,

I wasn't aware that this had changed but I had not tested it either.

I wonder if the new behaviour is actually better? What is your use case for having UDP decode notifications when replaying .WAV files? If it is just for testing purposes I am tempted to only offer some way of enabling it externally, perhaps via an environment variable or command line option.

My doubt is based on spot reporting as any spots generated would surely be dubious.

Bill,

I routinely run pre-recorded wave files, either of single decodes (different modes and styles of decode messages) or multiple decodes (up to 40) to test the JTAlert alerting and stress testing JTAlert. I have been doing this since the UDP interface was first added to WSJT-X.

As it is I am no longer able to do that with RC2.

I can workaround single decode testing by generating a decode in a second instance, but that is slow as the decodes happen in real-time. Simulating a busy band with a multi-decode wave file is now no longer possible with RC2.

If removal of the sending of decode UDP packets when replaying wave files is intentional, why are the two status packets, one for start decoding and the second for finished decoding still being sent?

I would hate to loose this ability and would have to restrict my testing to older WSJT-X versions which is not ideal going forward.

de Laurie VK3AMA