Hi David,

Logging your QSO and having Tx Enable turned off sets the auto-sequencing logic to "not in QSO". So double-clicking on "NX6D KD0ZZ RRR" is interpreted to mean that you want to start a new QSO.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

On 10/5/2017 5:55 PM, David Fisher wrote:
This time, with the images.

*From:* David Fisher
*Sent:* Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:56:29 PM
*To:* WSJT Software Development
*Subject:* Why was the R+05 selected instead of 73?

Attached are a couple of screen shots.  One shows a QSO I logged a few minutes ago, the other shows the program options that were in effect at the time.  The program version is R8150.

KD0ZZ called CQ on 15 meters.  I answered and the QSO started up. You’ll see some bouncing back a forth a couple of times.  I could hear him clearly, but he apparently could not hear me clearly every time. This is normal, more or less.

At 201515 he sent RRR.  I sent R+02 for some reason I don’t now recall, so we’ll skip that.  I changed the message to 73 after 5 seconds.

At 201545 he sent RRR again.  Auto Seq was on during this entire QSO but I had been setting and clearing TX Enable by hand for some reason that escapes me now.  The 73 I sent at 201604 was started 4 seconds late. But the program went ahead and prompted me for the log and then cleared TX Enable.  OK so far, sometimes I fumble around a bit.

At 201615 I get another RRR.  I was expecting a 73.  TX Enable was off. I have about 1 second to respond to this situation.  Selecting the right message to send (the program has CQ on deck) and then setting TX Enable takes too much time, so I double clicked “KD0ZZ” on the 201615 line.  I really expect the program to react to a double click on an RRR message to respond with a 73 message, but it responded with the R+05 that you see at 201630.  I punched “TX5” two seconds later and the message changed to the wanted 73, and I got another prompt to log the QSO, which I cancelled.

OK, I fumbled a couple of things in this QSO, but I don’t consider that I fumbled the response to the last RRR.  Can anyone explain why the R+05 message was generated?

[Note: The screen shot shows K4RKY as the current station in the DX Call box.  I ran a QSO with that station before I stopped to capture this screen shot.  The DX Call box was set to KD0ZZ throughout the stuff described above, so it wasn’t a case of the program not knowing the call sign of the other station.]

Dave / NX6D