You wrote:

Not sure what it might take to support clock changes across various OS’s now
using WSJT-X.

The app doesn't have to actually set the clock. If the app were modified to
keep track of a delta time value and use that for timing decisions, the actual
clock state is irrelevant.

The delta could be set by any of the aforementioned techniques.

On Nov 11, 2017, at 11:37, George J Molnar