Is there some reason you’re using RC3 and not the latest version?  I’d
recommend going that path first.

Jim S.
N2ADV

From: Unni Tharakkal [mailto:unnitharak...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 7:05 AM
To: WSJT software development
Subject: [wsjt-devel] WSJTx ver 1.8-rc3 problem

Dear All

I was using the WSJTX ver. 1.8 rc3 peacefully with some problem with Hamlib.

So I unstalled everyting and installed again Now my problems are

1. the Hamlib doesn't connect  the program. The errors I am getting are

2. Hamlib error : I/O error while opening connection  to rig

3. Communication timed out while getting current frequency

I tried resetting the configuration No use

Tried to update Ham lib  - could not do it (How hamlib 68bit ver. can be
updated I am using Win10 68 bit)

Then I tried to get it connected through Omnirig the error report is

Omini Rig : Initialization timed out

My set up is FT 857D with CH340 (CT62) rig control and a BY make Prolific PTT
control

Using Win 10 Acer i3 lap top computer

Where I have gone wrong Please help. There is lot of opening to my side from
Europe and Russia

With regards and 73s

Unni

VU2TE