  From: Tom Carney
  To: WSJT software development
  Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 1:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] FT8 -- FTdx1200 & Data Jack

  Hi Ed

  Just a guess as I don't have a FTdx-1200, how are you doing PTT?  Older Yaesu
transceivers required you to ground the PTT pin in the data jack to transmit
audio.  IE if you are are using some other method to switch the xceiver to
Xmit, it will not work.  You have to ground the PTT pin in the data jack.  And
you can't get around this by using VOX to switch.  Has to be the PTT pin in the
data jack.

  As I said, that's the way older Yaesu rigs worked.

  Good luck, FT8 is a great mode.

  73,

  Tom  K6EU