Steve --

On 2/21/2018 3:41 PM, Stephen Hicks, N5AC wrote:
If I understand correctly, the process will be for the fox to transmit multiple carriers in the 300-900Hz range.  If this is the case, have there been any experiments run that verify that typical PA linearity will be acceptable?  If not, is there a need to for a more linear PA on the fox side (thinking of IMD)?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, we have made extensive tests of the multi-slot signals that can be generated by Fox.

Have you read the FT8 DXpedition Mode User Guide?  It's available here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf

See especially the "Important Note for Fox Operators", starting at the bottom of page 8.

Linearity typical of PAs used for SSB is perfectly adequate. As always, proper adjustment of drive level is important.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

Stephen Hicks, N5AC
VP Engineering
FlexRadio Systems™