Thanks, Steve and Joe both - my sleep-deprived brain completely failed to
register that part.

Jim S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Franke [mailto:s.j.fra...@icloud.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:13 AM
To: WSJT software development
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Timer

Hi Jim,

Check out item 12 in the Hound instructions:

“12. After you receive a signal report from Fox, WSJT-X will automatically send
your next transmission as message Tx 3 (“R+rpt”) at a randomly chosen frequency
between 300 and 900 Hz. Note that WSJT-X will send this message even if Enable
Tx is disabled, and even if you have not called Fox for several Tx sequences.
If you have stopped calling Fox because you will be leaving the rig unattended,
you should quit WSJT-X or disable Hound mode in order to avoid the possibility
of unwanted transmissions."

It is important to understand this behavior. It means that, in most cases, you
should not just leave your rig on and monitoring the DX after you have stopped
paying attention, as you could be in for a surprise when your rig springs to
life and starts TXing.

Steve K9AN