Latest and  greatest Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Stretch up to date, which does
not include Pulseaudio as standard. I have an mcHF 0.7 with UHSDR software
about 7 days old, coupled with a single USB lead for both CAT and Audio.
Installed FlDigi from the Package Management tool and WSJTX latest rc2 from
princeton site. WSJTX CAT worked fine but no listed audio sources had any
signal so it did not work. Fldigi audio worked fine as did CAT.  This seems to
be a known “defect” on UHSDR :
https://github.com/df8oe/UHSDR/wiki/USB-CAT-and-AUDIO-Mode
 and installing Pulseaudio and adding the two lines in the above wiki made both
programs work  OK.  So I am left wondering why the two programs behaved
differently, and whether this would also have been a problem had I used
conventional audio and a USB adaptor. No problem at present, I left it running
on 40m overnight, but wondering if there was a good reason they chose to omit
Pulseaudio (perhaps Bluetooth related) which I have yet to find.

Bob Thornton
G3WKW