Hi Phil and all
I am also very interested in a better way to interface sdrs to wsjtx than
vac and virtual serial cables.  There has been some discussion about it
here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hermes-lite/ht54gu0vYuE .

I recently discovered that Multipsk has a nicely designed protocol that
allows iq data and radio control to be sent over tcp/ip, I have integrated
it into my own SparkSDR software http://www.ihopper.org/radio/ and it has
proven easy to use.  The Multipsk interface is described here
https://groups.io/g/multipsk/topic/new_release_4_34_1_of/15716260?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,15716260
.

I can see the value of using rtp and it should not be hard to pack the
Multipsk packets into rtp, Phil maybe the two schemes can be combined.

I realize everyone will have a different idea as to the perfect protocol
and it would be easy to get carried away trying to make it cover every use,
as a first achievable target I think a simple one to one virtual
audio/virtual serial cable replacement makes sense.

I'll certainly add support in Sparksdr for any protocol added to wsjtx and
am happy to collaborate in any development.

73 Alan M0NNB