We have to expect all the time the 'GDU' (Greatest Dumb User) ;-)

73 de Wolfgang
OE1MWW

Saturday, March 31, 2018, 3:59:16 PM, you wrote:

I think all we need to do is discourage use by the casual user.

I proposed this idea earlier but never heard any feedback.

#1 Add a Dxpedition flag to the frequency list (defaults to off).
#2 If the Dxpedition flag is false then the Fox/Hound boxes are disabled (or even hidden).  If you aren't running a Dxpedition or don't know how to enable it you really don't need to see these boxes.

One has to set up a Dxpedition frequency anyways so the flag would be in-your-face when you add their frequency.

The only questions you may hear are for those that don't look at the help file and want to know why the Fox/Hound is disabled or missing.  A much better situation then having them doing what they shouldn't do.

I don't see where this is too onerous but would probably go a long way to prevent mistaken ops.

de Mike W9MDB