Hi all,

I write to remind you of the third public test of *FT8 DXpedition Mode* scheduled for Saturday, May 5, 1400-1700 UTC. You are cordially invited to participate -- the more participants, the better!

Our main goal is to simulate pileups in which many "Hounds" call and attempt to work a desirable rare DX station, the "Fox". The test will help us to validate software features that aim to maximize the practical QSO rate in such situations. We hope you can be there and try to work all three Foxes.

Here's the detailed schedule:

Date    UTC   Freq   Fox Call   Op    Loc  PEP  Antenna
             (MHz)                         (W)
May 5  1400  14.090  W1/KH7Z   N1DG  FN42  500  SteppIR
May 5  1500  14.090  W7/KH7Z   AA7A  DM43  500  3el
May 5  1600  14.090  K1JT      K1JT  FN20  100  Dipole

All participating stations must use WSJT-X v1.9.0-rc4. If you don't yet have this program version, download links for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS are available near the bottom of the page here:
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html

If you are compiling the program for yourself, be sure to use code revision r8642 or later, taken from the repository's WSJT-X development branch. All code revisions since r8642 perform identically in FT8 DXpedition Mode.

Detailed operating instructions are posted here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf
Some details in these instructions have changed, so be sure to read and follow the latest revision (dated April 26, 2018) carefully! Don't just try to wing it.

As you will know after reading the instructions, Fox can conduct up to 5 QSOs simultaneously, using frequency slots spaced by 60 Hz. Fox transmits in the frequency range 300-900 Hz above the USB dial frequency, in this case 14.090 MHz.

If you can legitimately use more than one callsign -- your spouse's call, club call, etc. -- feel free to work each Fox multiple times. No dupe QSOs with the same call, though.

Real-time liaison will be available on the "Ping Jockey Relief" chat page (PJB), https://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalkB . Everyone should monitor this page for possible last-minute announcements of a frequency change, etc. To ensure that announcements from Fox stations are easily found, Hounds should monitor PJB but refrain from "chatter" there during the test.

The deepest pileups will help us tune the final-release software for optimum performance on both Fox and Hound sides. After the test, please post any comments you feel will be helpful to one of our two email forums, wsjtgr...@yahoogroups.com or wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net . You will need to be subscribed to the list in order to post there.

We sincerely hope you can join us for this test, and that you will work all three of our Foxes!

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)