I would estimate that the issues with people having NA Contest Mode off cost me
dozens of QSOs in the June VHF Contest.While I wouldn't be opposed to ending NA
Contest mode altogether, I would like to see it replaced by something different.
Instead, I propose a "NA Contest Report Skipping Mode".   It would have the
same bit format as the normal messages, and this would put an end to the
Antipode Grid problem.  The only changes would be to the Auto Sequencer.  This
new mode would exchange grids, then go to RR73 on both ends.   It would be
compatible with a user that does not have the Contest Mode turned on, in that
if it receives a signal report, it sends a signal report, and then goes on to
complete a normal QSO.
Thanks for your consideration & 73,
Tim N6GP