Hi Dave, Jim, and all,

On 7/4/2018 8:56 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 7/4/2018 4:40 PM, David Fisher wrote:
Later when I uploaded to ClugLog, I was reminded that I logged the wrong callsign.  Easily fixed in ClubLog, but for LOTW, all I could do was log the contacts again as KH1/KH7X.

I also simply click on their call when they're sending to someone else. I've never seen a CQ from them on FT8, but have worked them four times using FT8. I use JTAlert to log into DXKeeper, then edit the prefix in DXKeeper.

There should be no need to edit the prefix in DXKeeper. When attempting to work a DXpedition you know their callsign perfectly well, in advance. Item 5 under "Detailed Instructions for Hounds" in
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf
reads as follows:

"5. Enter Fox’s callsign as DX Call. If Fox is using a compound callsign, be sure to enter all of it. The grid locator is optional but provides the advantage of displaying the short-path azimuth and distance from your location."

The User guide even includes a picture showing "KH1/KH7Z" entered as DX Call and "AJ10" as DX Grid.

I think the KH1 Fox operators did an excellent job and made good use of the capabilities of FT8 DXpedition Mode. ClubLog statistics show that they made nearly as many FT8 QSOs as SSB QSOs, even though their setup has three SSB stations and only two digi-stations. And some of the digi-time was spent on RTTY. The Fox called CQ when he ran out of callers, as expected. Otherwise he responded to callers -- again, as expected.
                -- 73, Joe, K1JT