I’ll point out that Windows 7 only has 18 months of support left.  In January
2020, it goes out of support.

Dave / NX6D

________________________________
From: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 12:46:58 PM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Bug? WSJT-X locks sound card to 44.1k

On 29/07/2018 20:23, Bill Tippett wrote:
Program version: 1.9.1
Operating system: XP SP3
Concise description of the problem: WSJT locks sound card to 44.1k
Exact sequence of steps required to reproduce the problem:

1.  Open M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Control Panel and set to 48k manually.
2.  Upon opening WSJT, sound card is automatically locked to 44.1k.
3.  I do not see this problem using CW Skimmer which has a setup panel allowing
setting to 48k, overriding any previous settings.

Any ideas why WSJT would be locking the card to 44.1k, even when the card was
previously set to 48k?  Could a command be added to always lock the sound card
to 48k?

TU & 73,

Bill  W4ZV

Hi Bill,

WSJT-X requests a 48000 Hz 16-bit audio stream, that will be provided by the
operating system and sound card driver combination either directly or if the
sound card is set to a different rate or resolution, by an automatic rate
conversion. You have things the wrong way around, the application simply
requests an audio stream with a particular format and the its gets that. The
application does not have the ability to change the sound card format.

With Window XP, which by the way is obsolete and out of support, things are a
little different in that each application tries to grab the sound card. The
automatic rate conversion by Windows XP are of very poor quality and unsuitable
for use by applications like WSJT-X, I strongly suggest you upgrade to a
supported version of Windows soon as support for XP and Vista will not be
available for much longer.