Hi Mike,

comments below.

On 13/11/2018 20:43, Mike wrote:
Yes it was a different mode before but the highlight by mode is not checked so shouldn't it just consider it a new call or not a new call without regard to the mode? Perhaps I don't understand the logic yet ... can you explain it a little better or do you think it not working yet?
The logic is that a highlight for a new call, DXCC entity, zone, or continent is active if the WSJT-X ADIF log (wsjtx_log.adi) does not contain a previous QSO with that call, DXCC entity, zone, or continent respectively. If the "Highlight by Mode" option is checked then subsequent highlighting only considers prior QSOs in the current mode, if it is unchecked then all prior QSOs are considered.

Only decode messages that are standard format CQ or QRZ messages are highlighted like this and where multiple matches occur then the highest priority highlighting is applied. Priority is determined by the order of the highlighting settings, they may be re-ordered by dragging and dropping them within the list on the "Settings->Colors->Decode highlighting" panel.

Your assessment is correct and it sounds like something is not right. Can you reply with the ADIF record from your wsjtx_log.adi file that you think should have disabled this new call highlighting for N2ADV on 20m?

I had already tried both the

Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.2p Light

and

Win64 OpenSSL v1.1.1 Light

but the confusion was the 32 bit version suggested in the pdf I thought that was a mistake in the manual! Confusing because people will try to get a 64 bit version if they have that OS, so now I got the right one and it works!
I don't think we can be much clearer. The Quick Start Guide has a clickable link to the right version and it explicitly mentions that the 32-bit version is the right version even if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows.

Mike N5INP