On 06/02/2019 19:22, Roger Rehr W3SZ wrote:
However, in type 2 messages the documentation says that "Mode" is to be sent in UTF8, so I expected to see in type 2 messages what I see sent for Mode in the Type 1 messages, e.g for FT8 "03 46 54 38" which is of course just the size index "03" followed by the ascii bytes for "FT8".  Instead, in the type 2 messages I see for example for FT8 "01 7E" in the byte array, 01 being the size index and 7E being the payload, which is the extended ascii code for "~".  For each of the modes that I checked I see as the mode designation in type 2 messages:

Hi Roger,

the Mode field in the Decode (2) message is the one or two character mode (and sync) indicator as shown on the WSJT-X decodes window.

ISCAT decodes are rather different from the other modes since ISCAT is basically a stream protocol rather than a block protocol. If you have a specific need to receive ISCAT deocdes via the UDP protocol then that can be sorted out. For JT4 I am not sure why it is not working but again if you have a specific need to receive JT4 decodes it can be sorted out.